Baby Weight Loss Part 2
So I don’t really have a lot of progress to report to you. I have been fighting sleep deprivation, sick children and lots of family in and out. I think I’m down a consistent 2 lbs but I would have liked to report better news. I am still not working out regularly. However, I have improved my eating in the way of leaner options and eating more fruits and vegetables. I have found several suggestions on healthy snack alternatives that I would like to share with you! The following list comes from the smart snacking article in the Jan/Feb issue of Everyday Food.
- For 96 calories you could have 1/3 of a snickers bar OR 24 pretzel sticks and 2 tbsp dried cranberries (lots of antioxidants!)
- For 105 calories you could have 10 potato chips OR 1 corn tortilla and 1/5 of an avocado (good fat)
- For 105 calories you could have 8 peanut M&M’s OR 10 whole almonds and 1/2 tbsp of chocolate chips
- For 103 calories you could have 2 Oreos OR 1 Wasa cracker and 1 hard boiled egg
- For 95 calories you could have 1/3 of a large chocolate chip cookie OR 1/2 cup edamame with some spices and salt
There are lots of smart choices out there that are equally satisfying. Whether it’s an apple with peanut butter or a banana with nutella we can all pick healthy options 1 choice at a time. For me, adding a healthy choice each day is a victory until eventually healthy living is a habit.
Good choosing to you!